Types of short break
Respite care has changed. It no longer has to mean a bed in a care home for the person you look after. It can take many forms and be used for many things, like shopping, seeing your friends or enjoying a hobby. It's your choice.
Short breaks can include time to:
- experience new things
- maintain friendships
- rest and recharge your batteries
- enjoy personal interests, leisure or cultural activities
A break can be:
- a holiday
- a regular hour to yourself
- a one-off occasion to recharge your batteries
- daytime or overnight respite
Breaks can be taken together with the person you care for, with extra help, or they can be taken apart. It's up to you.
The information was last updated on: 24th May 2017